LeBron to Kevin Love: 'Salute and respect brother!'

Kevin Love details scary in-game panic attack

Love opened up about mental health, the stigma that plagues those who endure mental health issues and how he's learning to figure out how to manage himself.

The 29-year-old self-described introvert says that he had a panic attack following halftime of a November 5 game against the Atlanta Hawks. But I was certain about one thing: I couldn't bury what had happened and try to move forward.

"Today, I've realized I need to change that", Love wrote. He wrote, "It was like my body was trying to say to me, 'You're about to die.'" Love was rushed to the Cleveland Clinic where doctors found nothing physically wrong with him.

"This just one more example of the willingness to kind of go above and beyond and say not only am I going to work on my physical engine, I'm going to work on my mental one as well", said Dr. Erin Ayala, Premier Sport Psychology, PLLC.

The Cavaliers forward detailed in The Player's Tribune how he had his first panic attack November 6 (AEDT), when Cleveland was playing the Hawks. Both have mentioned that if you were to just look at them, you wouldn't think they had a mental health issue but they did and so does a lot of people.

"Call it a stigma or call it fear or insecurity - you can call it a number of things - but what I was anxious about wasn't just my own inner struggles but how hard it was to talk about them", Love wrote.

'It's not nothing I'm against or ashamed of, ' he said.

I'm trying to face the uncomfortable stuff in life while also enjoying, and being grateful for, the good stuff. 'Now, at my age, I understand how many people go through it.

"Coach Lue came up to me". But it was real - as real as a broken hand or a sprained ankle.

"So if you're reading this and you're having a hard time, no matter how big or small it seems to you, I want to remind you that you're not weird or different for sharing what you're going through", he wrote. "So for 29 years of my life, I followed that playbook". He also models for clothing company Banana Republic and makes millions to play basketball. He knew that talking about it benefited some people with a mental illness, but didn't believe that it was the way for him to cope with it, and then came the panic attack. On the court, I think the expectations for the season, combined with our 4-5 start, were weighing on me. I played 15 minutes of the first half and made one basket and two free throws. I didn't want to have to deal with everything sometime in the future, when it might be worse. But I didn't share - not to my family, not to my best friends, not in public.

Related news:

Hot News

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Michael B Jordan offers to replace fan's retainer
Mar 08, 2018 - 01:40
But I mean, who can blame her right? Michael said he would replace her retainer because he feels responsible for breaking them. For those anxious about the plight of the retainer itself, her orthodontist managed to glue it back together.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Broadcom says to stick with USA 5G investment after Qualcomm deal
Mar 08, 2018 - 01:37
But in light of the heat this week from Washington, Broadcom is now aiming to be complete the move to the United States in April. The company is now based in Singapore, but said in November that it will move its legal headquarters back to the United States.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Missouri's Michael Porter Jr. will play Thursday in SEC tourney opener
Mar 08, 2018 - 01:31
Porter has been out since the Tigers' season opener, when he played two minutes and left the game with a back injury. Michael Porter Jr . will make his much-anticipated return to Missouri's lineup Thursday in the SEC tournament.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Italy Footballer Davide Astori Found Dead At 31, Match Called Off
Mar 07, 2018 - 11:49
When news came through of Astori's death, Genoa and Cagliari were warming up at Marassi, but Perin ran off the field in tears. He also played for the Italian national team, receiving his first call-up in 2010 and making his debut in March 2011.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Trump Name Stripped From Panama Hotel In Property Dispute
Mar 07, 2018 - 11:46
The owners also tried to get rid of the organization, but it refused to give up its physical control of the Panamanian hotel. Trump Organization security officials, which had engaged in the standoff for almost two weeks, abandoned the property.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Gary Neville Doubles Down On His Criticism Of Antonio Conte's Chelsea Tactics
Mar 07, 2018 - 11:44
Chelsea FC won the Premier League last term but did not have the distraction on any European football . City, the Premier League's champion-in-waiting, had Chelsea beaten before a ball was even kicked.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Opioid overdoses kill nearly 5 people every hour in the US — CDC
Mar 07, 2018 - 11:43
In the first nine months of 2017, the state had 609 opioid deaths, a 5 percent decrease from the same period in 2016. SCHUCHAT: The fast-moving opioid overdose epidemic continues and is accelerating.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Neymar leaves hospital after 'successful' surgery on injured foot
Mar 07, 2018 - 11:43
This would put him uncomfortably close to the start of the World Cup on June 14, including missing two friendly warm-up games. The world's most expensive footballer was using crutches to walk and wearing a big protective boot on his right foot.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top U.S. aircraft carrier to make historic port call in Vietnam
Mar 06, 2018 - 02:03
Last year, Vietnam deployed six submarines purchased from Russian Federation to Cam Ranh Bay, but it can not oppose Beijing alone. China has condemned the operations and has responded in the past by scrambling fighter jets to monitor the USA vessels.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Fire Threat Is Extreme On Monday Due To High Winds
Mar 06, 2018 - 02:00
Wednesday , it will be sunny with a high near 43, and a northwest wind of 9 to 13 miles per hour , the weather service said. Snow and freezing drizzle is expected to continue into Tuesday with another inch of snow possible.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top No Modi wave in Karnataka: CM Siddaramaiah
Mar 06, 2018 - 02:00
Claiming that the Congress was on an "extremely strong wicket", he said the BJP would be "crushed" in Karnataka. Rahul Gandhi's tweet which hints at introspection comes after Congress' dismal performance in the polls.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Daesh-linked suspects detained in anti-terror operations in Turkey
Mar 06, 2018 - 01:52
Turkey has also been the victim of numerous ISIS and PKK attacks in recent years that have killed hundreds. Security forces captured 16 Daesh suspects in operations against the terrorist group on Monday.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Aldon smith involved in domestic violence incident, fled scene before police arrived
Mar 06, 2018 - 01:52
"The victim suffered non-life-threatening injuries", according to a police statement provided to the San Jose Mercury-News. Smith was suspended for one year beginning November 17, 2015, but has yet to be reinstated.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Broadcom says Qualcomm asked US security panel to delay shareholder meeting
Mar 06, 2018 - 01:45
Broadcom has nominated six alternative candidates to Qualcomm's 11 member board of directors in a hostile takeover bid . Broadcom has accused Qualcomm of failing to negotiate seriously, saying they were involved in "engagement theater".

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Listeria Outbreak Causes Millions in Losses in South Africa
Mar 06, 2018 - 01:44
The DoH called for all polony products to be taken off shelves after detecting the virus in RCL Foods' Wolwehoek facility. The listeria bacteria is hard to test for, as it is not homogenously distributed in food.