India's Sharma hangs on to WGC Mexico lead

Tyrrell Hatton was pleased with his 64 in the third round

India's Shubhankar Sharma will take a two-shot lead into the final day of the WGC-Mexico Championship on Sunday as he attempts to become the first player in 30 years to win on his PGA debut.

He followed up his first round 65 with a 66, that included a back nine with five birdies against no bogeys.

Korda, 19, had eight birdies and one bogey as she finished with 15-under 201 heading into the final round at the Sentosa Golf Club.

He is two ahead of some of the biggest names in contemporary golf on a crowded leaderboard.

Justin Thomas of the USA produced the round of the day, carding a course record 62 to cut the deficit to Sharma to four strokes in a tournament that is one of the four annual World Golf Championships organised by the International Federation of PGA Tours.

Visit the official PGA Tour website to view the leaderboard in full.

The best position for an Indian at a WGC was tied first for Jeev Milkha Singh after the first round at WGC at Doral in 2009. The victor was Mickelson.

While Shubhankar at 21 years and seven months is the youngest in the field, Mickelson stands at the other end of the age spectrum at 41 years and eight months.

Phil Mickelson watches his shot from the third tee during the second round of the WGC in Mexico March 4, 2018. He said "Hi". I said "Hi".

"I've definitely proven to myself I belong here and I can play with the big boys", Sharma said.

"Then he just realised and said, "So sorry, I thought you were media", and he said "hi", I said hi". "Made a few mistakes coming in, but I've done a fairly good job of the distances and the yardages".

Sharma turned pro at 16 and has spent the last five years playing in relative obscurity in Asia.

He said, "For me, it's actually nearly like watching TV". "I'm just trying to hit the fairways, trying to hit the greens". "You always feel good after a round where you don't make a mistake". Played so well, and the bogeys that I made today were just three putts. Mostly (it was with) my dad. (I'm) very, very happy that I could grind out a par on the last hole.

"I don't really want to think about it". It went on until 6:00 in the morning back home.

Oh, and he can putt - as evidenced by his 14-footer for par at the 18th hole on Saturday to secure the most unlikely of 54-hole advantages (as an aside, he also has a vintage fist pump). Obviously Rafa had a birdie putt and could have been a two-shot swing. "I may have to reset that goal a little bit". "Right before my shot we checked the wind and it was still".

Related news:

Hot News

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Kelly offers contradictory timeline of Porter's departure
Mar 05, 2018 - 00:22
The press demanded to know how the White House could continue to employ Porter with these accusations hanging over him. Kelly became White House chief of staff last summer, after the departure of Reince Priebus from that post .

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Terrorist killed after attack on joint motor vehicle patrolling party in J&K
Mar 05, 2018 - 00:17
Meanwhile, a massive cordon and search operation has also been launched in south Kashmir's Shopian district. He said it was being ascertained whether the three youths were associates of the terrorist or not.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top David Ogden Stiers dead
Mar 05, 2018 - 00:17
Stiers joined the M*A*S*H cast at the beginning of its sixth season and replacing Larry Linville after he left the series. The character was often the comic foil to the hijinks of Alda's "Hawkeye" and Mike Farrell's Captain B.J.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Former Wyoming quarterback makes his mark at NFL Combine
Mar 05, 2018 - 00:17
I went to his wedding. "If you knew who I was three years ago, I don't think you would say this is possible". Whether the decision not to throw here was the right decision or not, I believe it was the right decision.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Tottenham praise hardworking star after win - 'Most underrated player in the league'
Mar 05, 2018 - 00:16
And on Son, who also scored twice in the 6-1 FA Cup win over Rochdale on Wednesday night, he said: "I'm very happy for him". He believes that Son is now putting himself front and centre as a key man for the north London club.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Ethiopia: Genzebe Dibaba Does It Again
Mar 05, 2018 - 00:12
She came fourth in the 1500m at the world championships in London previous year , along with a sixth place in the 5000m. I was close to silver in the 3,000m so I knew I just had to go for it this time.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top China media says US-Taiwan bill runs risk of war
Mar 04, 2018 - 02:07
Taiwan-US relations should not be affected by the opinions of China or any other nation, Premier William Lai (賴清德) said yesterday. The bill, which passed in both the House and Senate, will now head to President Trump's desk to be signed into law.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top The UFC's pay-per-view problem
Mar 04, 2018 - 02:05
Even when the UFC did finally sign her to fight, the promotion initially insisted of forcing her to fight at 140-pounds. Despite seven career knockouts, six inside the first round, Kunitskaya is not considered a hard hitter on the feet.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Slain Slovak journalist laid to rest in wedding suit
Mar 04, 2018 - 02:05
The bodies of 27-year-old Jan Kuciak and his girlfriend, Martina Kusnirova, were found Sunday in their house. Thousands of people have protested in Slovakia as outrage grows following the murder of a journalist.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Blizzard Apparently Teasing Diablo 3 For Nintendo Switch
Mar 04, 2018 - 02:04
Diablo 3 is an action RPG developed by Blizzard Entertainment for PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3. That seems to suggest that Diablo 3 is headed to the Nintendo Switch, which is a port many players have been asking for.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Diabetes 'consists of 5 distinct types'
Mar 04, 2018 - 02:01
The 5 subtypes are genetically distinct with no mutations, concluding that the types are not different stages of the same disease. People with this type do not respond to insulin and have a high likelihood of developing liver and diabetic kidney disease.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Dana White Confirms Chances Of A Brock Lesnar UFC Return
Mar 04, 2018 - 01:50
That said, WWE may not need to pay Lesnar lots of money anymore since they have now got Ronda Rousey on the roster. Of course, Lesnar is still under suspension for failing a USADA drug test in relation to UFC 200 .

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top DE Robert Quinn traded to Miami Dolphins
Mar 03, 2018 - 05:42
But the 27 year old has just 17.5 sacks during his last three seasons, while playing just 32 games during that stretch. He was limited in 2015 and 2016 (posting 9.0 totals sacks in that span) before bouncing back with 8.5 sacks in 2017.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Instant pot sold at Walmart recalled
Mar 03, 2018 - 05:39
Instant Pot has issued a voluntary recall of its Gem 65 8-in-1 Multicooker unit, following customer reports of overheating. The Instant Pot model can be programmed for roasting, baking, cooking, stewing, slow-cooking or food warming.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Harvey Weinstein Casting Couch Statue Erected Near Oscar Venue
Mar 03, 2018 - 05:38
Visitors stop to snap photos with the Weinstein statue, which has remained in place since its installation. Clenched in Weinstein's right hand is an Oscar sculpture, intentionally placed near his groin.